Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer when you visit a Website. These cookies allow a device of one user to be distinguished from the device of other users. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
Cookies do lots of different jobs. They are widely used by owners of sites in order to make websites work or work more efficiently.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. However, this will affect the functionality of the websites you visit. You can find more information about bookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.
The cookies used on this site are analytical cookies used to distinguish users, collect information about how visitors use the Website. This information is then used to help improvement of the Website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, the pages visitors have visited on the Website and where visitors have come to the Website from. This enables understanding of how people use the Website to lead to improvements. The cookies tdo not track your browsing activity on other websites. No personally identifiable data is collected. These cookies do remain on your browser after the end of a session for varying periods of between 24 hours and 2 years. The cookies that we use are Google Analytics cookies.
HOW IS THE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU RECEIVED?
Your personal information is received when you contact directly or visit the Website to browse the content, to make a general enquiry or to request the newsletter.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
Your personal data will only be used in the manner allowed by law –where necessary for our legitimate interests where those are not overridden by your interests and rights, for legal compliance and where none of those apply, with your consent.
Your personal information about you which you provide is used:
- to identify who you are when you contact us
- to understand what content you may be interested in
- to contact you to answer your general enquiries
- to improve content
- to resolve complaints or issues you may have with the Website
- to manage the relationship with you
- to send you newsletters where you have requested the same
- to manage your communication preferences or to record that you have unsubscribed from mailing
The information which is collected about you is used:
- to administer the Website, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- as part of the efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
You will receive e-newsletters if you have requested this.
HOW MAY YOU BE CONTACTED?
You may be contacted from the Website administrators and its third party service providers (eg, newsletter fulfilment agencies and IT service providers) by post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have advised not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services.
TO WHOM IS THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED TO?
The personal information is provided to:
- service providers who perform services for the Website such as IT service providers who manage the Website and its performance or marketing fulfilment agencies who issue the e-newsletter
- analytics and search engine providers that assist in the improvement and optimisation of the Website
Your personal data may also need to shared with third parties:
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Website or its creators or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
All personal information about you is stored on secure servers. Appropriate security measures are in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, access to your personal data is limited to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on instructions in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
Where information has been passed to third party service providers it will be stored on their secure servers. These third party service providers have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. These third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
Where you have requested subscription to the e-newsletter your personal information will be held in customer relationship management systems for an indefinite period until you request to unsubscribe. Periodic data cleanses of this information will be carried out to ensure that it is up to date and accurate and it is still reasonably necessary for it to be retained to fulfil the purposes it was collected for.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information:
- ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled
- OBJECT – you have the right to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the contract between us or legitimate interests pursued
- RECTIFICATION – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
- ERASURE – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the contract between us or the legitimate interests
You have a right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving the e-newsletter. To manage your rights please follow the instructions in the marketing communications or write to:
Post: The Website, Matthew Gorman, Daylesford Organic, Daylesford nr Kingham, Gloucestershire GL56 0YG.
Where you opt out of marketing, your information may nonetheless be retained in connection with correspondence (such as record of prior correspondence between us) for so long as is reasonably necessary.
Please note when you seek to enforce any of your rights, further specific information may be requested from you to help confirm your identity as a security measure.
If you are concerned or have questions about how your personal data is handled please contact at the details above.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.